Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Progress? Maybe but maybe not

If what I've heard so far from my requests for information on the incident of October 26, 2009 at the home of Stacey Burns is accurate, is appears that the incident is being treated as a separate and unique event, not necessarily as part of the murder investigation. Again this is how it seems but that perception on my part may be incorrect. Stayed tuned as I wait for an official response from the N.H. Attorney General's office.
If you've been following this blog, you are aware of some of the frustrations a writer encounters when dealing with the true crime genre versus the fiction genre. I can't create a plot- the murder of Stacey Burns has already done that for me. I can't develop fascinating characters- the characters in this story are already developed. I can't create a setting for the story- the time and place are already well established. I can't write revealing dialogue- what people say has to be exactly what they said.
Here is my mantra when writing this true crime book: IF IT MADE UP, IT IS FICTION! That includes plot, setting, characterization and dialogue.
It is, after all, TRUE crime.
Duker

No comments:

Post a Comment