Thursday, August 2, 2012

Needed: Suggestions (badly needed)

Here are several areas where I need some suggestions as to how to proceed with the Stacey Burns book:
1. What should I do about those who really seem to wish this whole thing would go away yet are present in my first, second, third etc. drafts of the book?
2. What should I do about conflicting interviews wherein people tell me one thing or another is true while others tell me that there is no way anything that was said could possibly be true?
3. What should I do about the "authorities" (which I put in quotes because it seems to me that the description as authorities is an oxymoron) who would not respond to my offer to share what I've discovered just in case it may contain something new for them? I am talking about letters, e-mails, and phone calls. Call the hot tip phone line? If what has happened to me is indicative, then forget about calling about this case.
4. What should I do about people like Ed Burns or Michael Brabant or Eric Thor or Marc Fitzpatrick or Jim Vittum or ANYONE else who may know a detail or a minor event that may mean everything to the case?
I am getting the feeling (I desperately hope I am wrong) that the blog or my writing a book or just my asking questions is not accomplishing the result for which I had hoped.
Am I kidding myself? Is trying to keep this case alive like trying to swim against a vicious rip current?
Anyone care to offer suggestions?
Duker

2 comments:

  1. You just have to write it as things told to you. As "Hear Say" because you can't prove or disprove any of it. Hopefully, when/if the authorities ever solve the case is the only way any of us can know for sure what really happened.
    Do you mean to say that the "authorities" never responded to any of your tips? Like never returned emails or however you contacted them?
    That seems totally irresponsible on their behalf. For all they know, you could be the killer and are trying to tip them off. Obviously not the case, but you see what I mean. Is it true? They never returned your calls/emails or whatever?
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Scott- This slipped by me and I did not see it until now.
    Yes, it is true that my offer to share whatever I had with them just to cross check information to see if there were any discrepancies. Also,I did speak with the now retired detective from the NH State Police and he said he would pass along my offer to Scott Gilbert, the cold case detective who is now working the case. That was a couple of weeks ago, at least. No response yet.
    Duker

    ReplyDelete