Thursday, August 23, 2012

Incident on North Main- related? unrelated?

A search of the archives of many New Hampshire newspapers would reveal that an "incident" took place on North Main Street in Wolfeboro on October 26, 2009 at the home of murder victim Stacey Burns. As mentioned in previous blogs, I requested official information about that incident from local and state authorities. My belief was that the incident was separate from the Stacey Burns murder investigation but that it would help with the background for Murder in a Small Town: The Tragic Death of Stacey Burns. Thus far, I have only heard from the local police department informing me that my request should go to Mr. Jeff Strelzin, Head of the Homicide Division, New Hampshire Attorney General's Office. I have not yet heard from the N.H. State Police.
I confess to being a little confused and it probably is just my ignorance of how these things work but perhaps someone out there can enlighten me.
If this incident is unrelated to the murder investigation, why can't the information about it be released? If there is a stronger relationship to the murder investigation other than the fact that it occurred in the same house, then I can understand the reluctance to release any information about it.
Once again, the lack of information coming from those in authority only leads to speculation, which is exactly what I am doing here- speculating. I suppose there is good reason to keep everything having to do with this case so secret but more than three years into it, one would think that making some things public might help shake loose some new information.
Again, forgive my naivete in asking for information I thought should be available- just showing ignorance again, I guess.
Duker

No comments:

Post a Comment