Tuesday, August 7, 2012

ICAC (in case anyone cares!)

ICAC (In Case Anyone Cares) is the title of a short personal memoir I wrote for submission to a writing contest last year. (I did not submit it.)
Well,  ICAC, I continue to write this blog every two days or so SOLELY for the purpose of keeping the murder of Stacey Burns in the public eye and, judging from the statistics of how many people are viewing the blog, it appears that "a degree" of interest remains. I have received a number of comments from people I hold in high regard  that indicate to me that I must be showing too much frustration in the blog. Probably nothing will turn readers off faster than a whiny, complaining tone and if that has been the case here, I apologize. However, ICAC, there have been frustrations in trying to write a fair, unbiased, impartial, truthful, complete yet interesting account of the events leading up to and the investigation following the utterly horrible crime against Stacey Burns. (Wow- seven adjectives in the same sentence- shame on me!)
For today's blog (ICAC) I'll mention just one of those frustrations but it is a major one.
     Gathering critical information has been impossible so far. I can't be fair, impartial, etc. etc. without hearing from the Keane family, from Ed Burns, from Ed Burns' family, from Eric Thor (directly), from the NH State Police, from local authorities, from interviewees who would give me permission to publish their information, from friends of Stacey Burns who could help form a complete picture of who she was. Hearsay, rumor, innuendo, and opinion are all interesting and certainly have a place in the book but they cannot take the place of facts.
ICAC, future blogs will concentrate of the facts and sources I need to "flesh out" the true story of Murder in a Small Town: The Tragic Death of Stacey Burns.
Duker

No comments:

Post a Comment