Monday, June 18, 2012

"We Know Who Did It"

During the two years I've been working on the Stacey Burns book, I've lost track of the times I've heard someone say "I know who did it." This statement comes from a wide variety of sources, including speculative blogs, hearsay rumors and unsubstantiated innuendo. These sources are easily dismissed. However, most troubling of all, there are indications from official sources that they "know who did it" but lack the evidence to make an arrest. What inference could we draw from what Jeffrey Strelzin, prosecutor for the Attorney General's Office, told the Keane family on the morning of the "Stacey Burns march" of May 10 that they are looking at "one guy" but "we haven't reached a point where we can make an arrest?" I guessing that it means the they do indeed know who did it. (At least, it seems that they think they know who did it!)
These are not just recent claims. I first heard a year ago last April that they knew who did it.
So, my question for today is just this: What exactly does it mean when we are told this is "still being pursued as an active case?" Does it mean ten hours a week? five? forty? Just curious . . .
By the way, for those who have wondered why I am doing this, I have a list of about nine reasons for a later blog. In the meantime, know that should this book ever be published, I plan on donating a substantial portion of any net proceeds to the foundation for Stacey's children.
Duker

2 comments:

  1. I understand why you are doing this, Duke. Because it is important to you. Isn't that why most writers write their books? It's certainly not for the fame and fortune. We want to be read, but most of all we want to tell our stories. If we are heard and lauded or at least understood, well, that's just icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duke the aggravating part is that they do know who did it and they aren't doing their jobs and making an arrest. Is this air tight without a murder weapon NO but even if this person would get off during trail the general public would at least know that the case was not swept under the rug. I would like to hear Strelzins exact reason for no arrest to date because maybe someone knows the answer to the key there looking for.It's my opinion that each and everyday friends,family and local officals should be speaking to the press about this case and forcing the hand of the AG to act. As long as people stay quiet and some I'm sure are afraid of the killer because it's obvious he has mental issues he win. It's time this case was solved and the killer brought to justice.

    ReplyDelete