Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another reason:Re: Stacey Burns

OK- I admit it! Another reason I was drawn to writing this book is because I lived a half mile from Nancy and Norm Vittum and have known them since we moved to Tuftonboro in 1970. Imagine, forty years as neighbors and friends! I've respected and admired them for every one of those years, even as we drifted apart a bit in the latter part of our time in Tboro.
Now, imagine knowing Jim Vittum, their son, for every one of those forty years: having him in a class; seeing him in our beloved church; watching his children grow up; thinking for sure that there is no way he could ever have done this horrific crime. Then, imagine that you begin to think that maybe he could have done it
Now, imagine that you decide to write the book and you talk to agents about it and the first thing they say is STAY NEUTRAL!! So, you do and decide to "let the chips fall where they may" to fall back into the cliche trap!
That's what this book is hopefully ALL about! Just the truth- which shouldn't be that hard but believe me, it is! Anyone who knows me hopefully will believe that. Just the truth-someone, even it is only the killer, knows who it guilty. If you have the least bit of conscience left, give it up and let people move on.
My heart aches for Nancy and Norm. They are wonderful, caring people.
Duker

2 comments:

  1. Understandable, Duke. I know you will write the truth. I hope Jim will be cleared and Nancy and Norm can be at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off nice to see more people joining the blog and second until Jim starts telling the truth I would say he will remain a prime suspect. I must agree with Duke though when he says the person who did this needs to man up and step up and take their punishment for this crime. Whatever the reason whether it be jealousy or hate or anything else that person had no right to end another's life and needs to pay for their crime.

    ReplyDelete