Friday, June 15, 2012

A NH State Police question

First of all, thanks to Bob T. for the great explanation of the process following a 911 call. As I mentioned in the last blog, my question was not intended to reflect negatively on the wonderful officers and volunteers who  fulfill so well the responsibility to respond to emergencies. It is a difficult job and I respect and admire those who do it. I guess we must assume that all those well-thought out protocols were followed in the Stacey Burns case even during the chaos that must have been rampant at that scene.
My question for today seems to me to be an easy one to answer as well. It has to do with alibis and for today I'll raise the case of Ed Burns. Here it is with some background first. On 20/20, we see a video recording which seems to show Mr. Burns dancing at a party on Saturday night in a hotel in Massachusetts. That video is followed by a brief interview with a friend who says he was with Ed Burns all night through into Sunday morning. Hence, Ed Burns must have what is called in clicheville an "air-tight" alibi. I'll have more in later blogs about that Saturday night/Sunday morning with Mr. Bravance but for now, I ask this simple question to the authorities in New Hampshire: If Mr. Ed Burns has this fool proof alibi, why not let him and the rest of the population know that he is not a suspect in the murder of Stacey Burns? Declare him cleared and blow away the cloud of suspicion which remains over his head. Make an announcement that at least one "person of interest" is no longer in that category. Let Mr. Burns walk the streets of Wolfeboro without wondering if some people are still looking at him as a possible murderer.
This seems to me to make perfect sense if he is off the suspect list. It has been over three years, after all.  

3 comments:

  1. Duke was there really an official "Suspect" list in the first place or did we the public just make assumptions that he was a suspect because of all we read about his life with Stacey and their legal and marital issues ? And until all the evidence comes forth I would say there could be several suspects in this case. That's why I encourage people who may know anything to come forward and speak to someone in Law Enforcement or myself and lets find the real killer so there is no longer any suspects, just the one cold blooded murderer who will spend the rest of their miserable life in a prison cell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I would say that it would be safe to
    assume that a husband who, by any number of accounts, threatened his wife with "death before divorce" a phrase he admitted using but in the Catholic Church context would be considered a "person of interest" He certainly isn't the only "person of interest" nor did I intend to imply that. Let's also not forget that Stacey told more than one of her female friends that if anything ever happened to her, look at Ed Burns. These factors, in addition to the look to the family first mantra we hear so much about, would seem to place him at least close to the "person of interest" category. Keep watching the blogs- other question will be dealing with other persons of interest as well. All I am saying is that the if the police believe he is cleared, than let the public know that, for his sake and for his children's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Ed Burns will ever win a husband/father of the year award and he may have been abusive to Stacey (many verbal to my knowledge)making her fear him. But for most married couples sake we need to look back and think man have we said some stupid things to each other that we really didn't mean (like death before divorce). Or oh man did I have to much to drink and act like an idiot in front of people and my spouse. We have to remember they had 2 different lives by Ed's own admission and he was away at sea for months at a time and apparently was getting word from someone that Stacey may have been acting and dressing in his mind inappropriate which made him very jealous.

    As far as Ed being a suspect as I've said before he if was still thought to be a suspect than DCYF and the courts would have stepped in and removed custody of the children from him and not given him custody. I would think that Ed Burns is no longer a suspect in this case but until someone can 100% prove otherwise than because of his temper and previous actions towards Stacey and the kids than I'm sure in many peoples minds he will remain a suspect.

    Also please keep in mind I have never met Ed Burns in my life so I am in no way defending him or his actions towards his ex-wife and family members.

    ReplyDelete