Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Time To Repeat

It is time to reiterate some of my own "truths" for those who have been following this blog. These are my opinions formed while working on Murder in a Small Town: The Tragic Death of Stacey Burns.
1. I began this blog with the best of intentions. Simply put, I thought it might help to keep interest in the case alive. I'm not sure if it is accomplishing that purpose.
2. Naively, I thought that people would a) be truthful, b) be enthusiastic about this project and c) be open-minded. I should have been more realistic.
3. I still feel quite strongly that the authorities could be more forthcoming without jeopardizing the investigation, thereby relieving some of the stress and frustration found in the general public.
4. I also feel quite strongly that supposed details of this crime have somehow "leaked" into public knowledge, leading to potentially damaging  rumor, innuendo and speculation.
5. Finally (for today) I will say that this has, by far, been the most difficult challenge I've undertaken as a writer but I enjoying it and am determined to see it through to its conclusion.
Duker

3 comments:

  1. Duke keep the faith, these things take time. I have 1 more thing to do and I will send you my notes and transcripts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. I hope it will all be worth it. Hopefully the truth will come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Bob and Scott, for your encouragement.
    Duker

    ReplyDelete