Friday, July 20, 2012

Explanation of Sad but True

My sad but true blog of Wednesday generated some interesting comments although just a couple on the blog itself.
I did not intend to give the impression at all that Murder in a Small Town: The Tragic Death of Stacey Burns is no longer a project of mine. Actually, my wife has said that it sometimes seems to be consuming me.  The reasons for writing this book have been outlined in previous blogs and those reasons have not disappeared. What I would like most to do right now is to begin releasing the book chapter by chapter as an e-book and perhaps by the time Chapter Seventeen is released, there will be a conclusion. (arrest/trial/conviction) However, I cannot do that because I do not have either release forms or other written permission to use some of the information contained in the chapters already completed.
I did not want to appear to be a whiner but the fact is that information appearing in print is a whole lot more intimidating than information contained in the spoken word. Yes, people are nervous but I also believe that in my effort to keep this case alive, I keep reawakening the grief, the devastation and the heartbreak of Stacey's death.
Perhaps this would all be much easier if an arrest were made. At least then family and friends of Stacey Burns might see possible closure and feel that just maybe they could move on. By the way, two years ago and eighteen years after our son's death, I wrote an award winning essay: the title? "The Fallacy of Closure"  The theme was quite simple. Many people do not want closure because that word implies that we are ready to forget, to draw a curtain across the past. I closed that essay with this sentence: "Love will trump closure every time."
Justice for Stacey Burns simply has to happen. Forget about closure and think about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment