Thursday, July 5, 2012

Murder in a Small Town

Enough people have asked me to update them on the progress of "Murder in a Small Town: The Tragic Death of Stacey Burns" that I feel I should do just that.
First, a correction: I believe in my last post, I made an error with the name of Ed Burns' alibi person. It is Michael Brabant, not Bravance. If this is not right either, I'm sure someone out there will let me know.
Now, to the progress on the book: Sixteen chapters are written. I am currently working on Chapter Seventeen entitled "Motive, Means and Opportunity," a fairly lengthy chapter which examines this mantra of homicide detectives in relationship to just two "persons of interest" although recently obtained information indicates that perhaps I should be including at least two others as well.
After this chapter is completed, there are just two left to be written: "Arrest" and "Trial and Conviction."
Obviously, revisions have been necessary and are ongoing as I gather new information or people who would not talk to me before have now done so.
Will a publisher handle the book without a conclusion? Probably not! Does that mean the book will never get published if an arrest is never made? Possibly, but I have an idea for releasing it chapter by chapter as an e-book if it has to go that route.
My integrity and credibility is very important to me. I have promised people I've interviewed that they will see what I've written and will be able to check everything for truth and accuracy before publication in any form. This is sometimes an unwieldy process as it involves communications back and forth but I feel it is worth it.
For those who asked (and even for those who didn't) this is where the book stands now.
To those who would like to provide information, I am very easy to find on this blog, on Facebook, on www.dukesouthard.com and in Green Valley, Arizona. There are some people out there who could help fill in the narrative and help me tell Stacey's story accurately if they chose to do so.
Duker

No comments:

Post a Comment