Monday, September 3, 2012

Eddie Being Eddie?

I have received the dispatch logs of the October 26, 2009 "incident"  and for what it is worth to those reading this blog, here are my conclusions based on what I am seeing. Again, if you have a different version, I'm sure everyone would love to hear it and this is a good forum for it.
Conclusion # 1- Ed Burns' mother had been in the house that morning but left after informing a neighbor (unnamed) that she was going back to Winchester because she was tired of Ed's drinking. She was not there for the response after the initial call came into the Wolfeboro Police Department. (It apparently was not a 911 call)
Conclusion # 2- As a first priority, the police made certain that all five of the Burns children were accounted for before they decided what action to take at the house. Four of the children were in school and the fifth had been picked up by a friend of Stacey's.
Conclusion # 3- From my "true crime neophyte" perspective, it seems from the log that the response was organized and systematic, including closing roads and taking other precautions for the safety of the general public.
Conclusion # 4- In the many interviews I have conducted while working on Murder in a Small Town: The Tragic Death of Stacey Burns, a fairly clear picture of Ed Burns has emerged. Because he and others have chosen not to tell me their side of some of the stories I've heard, I can only conclude that the behavior of Ed Burns on October 26, 2009 was not unusual for him and that his behavior that day precipitated the entire episode.
There is more information in the dispatch log which will almost certainly show up as background in the book as long as I am sure that it is in the public domain.
My thanks to the Wolfeboro PD for supplying the dispatch log to me.
Duker

No comments:

Post a Comment