Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Just two questions!

Before getting to the subject of this blog, I have one question. Did Detective Scott Gilbert really say that Ed Burns is not a suspect, therefore is not under investigation, in the murder of Stacey Burns?
Just asking . . .If that is true, it surely seems to me that the general public might like that official information. Anyway, I digress . . .
On Saturday, I hinted at the identities of five out of the eleven people on my list who could be quite helpful in discovering the truth in the Stacey Burns murder case if they would but answer just two questions for me. I waited an extra day before this blog on the off chance that one of these people might contact me. Here is a huge surprise-not one has as of this moment.
Of the six remaining on the list, one has spoken to me at considerable length on multiple occasions and my two questions for him may only be asked after I hear from the others. Four more are family members who could provide both background material and specific information regarding the Saturday night  before Stacey was murdered. The last person I'd love to have the opportunity to ask just two questions is the gentleman who has provided the "airtight" alibi for Ed Burns. (I've already spoken with the "alibi" person for Jim Vittum so it seems only fair that I ask the same questions to the counterpart for Ed Burns.)
On another subject, it is beginning to look as though this blog is beginning to lose some momentum. In the next edition, we will revisit the original purpose of a blog about the Stacey Burns murder and the book I am writing (have pretty much written but with serious need for "fleshing out") about that horrendous crime.
Murder in a Small Town: The Tragic Death of Stacey Burns is in limbo without more people coming forth with additional (and new for me) information.
duker 
   

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone give you a reason why they don't want to discuss it with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While at the "march" for Stacey in May, Michael Keane told be that the family is not sold on the prospect of a book. No specific reason except that it would just open the wounds yet again. Therefore, my picture of Stacey comes exclusively from friends, colleagues and, of course, Jim Vittum.
    Former male friends of Stacey's simply want to avoid any connection to this story. (Which will be impossible if there ever is an arrest and eventually a trial)
    Ed Burns has not answered a certified letter and other letters.
    I do not feel comfortable contacting the young folks in the house at the time, including Michael and Shannon, as a Keane family member strongly suggested that I should not do so.
    Obviously, the police have their "ongoing investigation" reason (excuse?).
    Even some of Stacey's friends who seemed to be on board with this project at its beginning now have withdrawn their original permission to use their information, especially with names attached.
    A long answer to a short question- sorry! I still believe that there is a degree of fear out there; it may not be purely physical fear but the psychological fear of living and working in the same small town.
    Thanks for your interest.
    duker

    ReplyDelete