Saturday, September 8, 2012

What is the truth?

I have no idea what the truth is as far as it relates to the murder of Stacey Burns. I absolutely know what I want to believe is the truth. I absolutely know that what people have told me is the truth. I absolutely know that all that I have been told cannot be the truth. So, the cliched "bottom line" is this: Which source has the highest credibility?
Is it the police who have told me that they "know who did it?"
Is it Stacey's friends who have told me that they "know who did it?"
Is it Ed Burns who has the "air-tight alibi" but whose track record for the truth is suspect at best and doubtful at least and whose motive might place him at the top of someone's list?
Is it Jim Vittum, who told the police right from the start that "you've got to look at me" and, per his request, they have been and, in the police view, rightfully so?
Is it some of the blog writers such as appear on Wolfeboro Topix with their versions of the truth?
Is it the NH State Police Cold Case Division who are now working on the case after three years and are dedicated to finding the murderer as folders of new cases multiply on their desks?
Is it Stacey's heartbroken family who simply want the killer caught and her death avenged in some way?
Is it the erstwhile writer who thought this project would be easy compared to writing fiction? Fact are facts, right? How hard could it be to write a true story?
More on credibility on the next blog- In the meantime, if you are interested in this case, ask yourself where you might find the highest level of credibility.
Duker
 

1 comment:

  1. Duke I'm sorry I've been away from this case for so long but I'd have hoped that with time 1 person who could have some answers to key questions of what happened on the night of the murder might come forward. That person has not and as of this date the NHSP have not contacted me for my notes on the case. What bothers me is that I believe there are people who know the right answers but refuse to come forward out of fear. Until one of those people know that the killer is all bark and no bite this case will probably go unsolved.

    ReplyDelete