Thursday, September 20, 2012

Revisit

I will be traveling for a while so the next blogs will not be as regular although I will try to keep them  on the every other day schedule.
First, a follower yesterday asked if there were reasons given why some folks choose not to participate in the Murder in a Small Town: The Tragic Death of Stacey Burns book. If you have not read my response to that question, you might want to look at the comments on the "Two questions" blog.
As mentioned yesterday, I believe it is time to briefly revisit my purpose for beginning this blog back in early June. Actually, the blog has two purposes, not one. The primary reason is that the Stacey Burns case deserves to be kept in the forefront of people's minds. I did not know the victim but I do know many people who have been profoundly affected by this senseless and cowardly crime. I have found through personal experience how resilient human beings are in the face of unspeakable tragedy. That is a good thing. The bad thing about that resiliency is that it can lead to a strong desire to put unpleasant events into the rear view mirror of life, a mirror we can choose not to examine too closely. In June, I felt that the Stacey Burns case was being placed in the rear view mirrors of some people, authorities in particular, and that perhaps the blog could keep the attention on the case that it deserved. The secondary reason for the blog is that I wanted to explain why I undertook the book project. I believe both reasons are valid for continuing to write this blog and I will continue to do so unless those reasons lose their validity.
There has been no response yet to my question in the last blog regarding an alleged statement from Detective Scott Gilbert about the status of Ed Burns in this case. I'm sure that people are lining up to respond to that question!
duker

No comments:

Post a Comment