Sunday, October 7, 2012

Exactly Two Months

Exactly two months ago, on August 7, 2012, I published a blog named after a short memoir I wrote for submission to a writing contest, a contest I decided subsequently not to enter. The title of the blog was ICAC, an acronym for In Case Anyone Cares.
Toward the end of that blog, a list of names and descriptions appears. The list is quite specific, mentioning those who could help significantly with Murder in A Small Town: The Tragic Death of Stacey Burns. 
With just a couple of exceptions, the people named are folks I tried to contact in conventional ways before listing them in that blog.
Well, (ICAC) I have not heard from a single person on that list since that blog was published. There are likely quite legitimate reasons for that. Here are a few but certainly not all:
     "I don't like what you are doing."
     "I don't trust you or your motives."
     "I have nothing to offer."
     "It's been over three years; I don't want to revisit such a sad time."
     "If I talk with you, I could incriminate myself ." (Never stated but I'm guessing at least one person thinks     this.)
     "It is simply too upsetting and I'd rather not deal with it."
     "The police are on top of it. The killer will soon be arrested and convicted  so why are you writing this book."

However, ICAC, I still believe in what I am trying to do.
duker
   

No comments:

Post a Comment