Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What If and Why?

Here is what had happened in the last nine days.
Monday, November 12- Duker's Blog publishes the information from a very reliable source that there are a few people (also deemed reliable) who feel that the police should be thinking "outside the box" as far as suspects in the murder of Stacey Burns case are concerned, mentioning a specific "person of interest." I notify the current cold case detective via e-mail that I have some "disturbing information" which he may want to hear. If this information is nothing but speculative rumor, the substantial influence of the NH State Police could easily rule it out. I may be wrong but isn't this what the police are always seeking--that is, possible new information or leads, especially on a case that is three and a half years old?
Since November 12, I have had several conversations with sources in New Hampshire, all of which reinforce my opinion that this information deserves at least some official attention. That attention may simply be a contact which asks what my information is. It is possible that the information has already been examined and dismissed by the investigators but who would know if no contact takes place.
Thursday, November 15- A updating blog is published, saying that thus far, the police have not shown any interest in what it is that I am talking about.
Now, to the two questions in the title of this blog:
What if I simply called the New Hampshire State Police "tip line" and said I had information about the Stacey Burns murder? Would it take the cold case detectives nine days (and counting) to follow up that supposed tip?
What if the Stacey Burns case is moving ever deeper into the morass of paperwork which threatens to bury unsolved cases?
Why would an investigator not make a simple phone call (I left my cell phone number in the e-mail) and say,"thanks but no thanks?" Could it be that the case is solved and no more information is required, especially information that may conflict with evidence already in place?
Just trying to help . . .
duker  

2 comments:

  1. You would think they'd respond no matter what. They at least should contact you to say no thanks, leave us alone or something. There is nothing more frustrating than not getting a reponse from someone. You almost wish we could go back to the days before caller I.D. & answering machines so that people would have to pick up the phone & you could talk to a human!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scott!
    It is now Monday, 11/26/12 but still no response but it is the holiday season, after all.
    I am very disappointed but not surprised. I will not give up.
    duker

    ReplyDelete